Basements are one of the most overlooked potential for extra space in the home. Chances are your house has a basement that is unfinished. Maybe when you bought the house you had plans for a renovation but never got to it. Regardless, here are some benefits to finishing your basement:
- More space. Finishing your basement adds extra space to your home. On average, basements add at least a third of space to your home. It’s up to you to decide what you want to use the space for. Perhaps, the extra space could be used for a family room, home office, or guest room.
- Adds value. Since a finished basement adds extra space to your home, it increases the value.
- Creative reign. As the basement is located downstairs, you don’t have to worry too much about matching the style to the upstairs. Let your imagination run wild and create the basement of your dreams.
- Mother-in-law quarters. Sometimes, we need our parents’ help taking care of a growing family. Finishing your basement will provide a comfortable living situation for extended family. You could add a bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen to create a mini apartment.
- Comfort and organization. Basements are usually the most insulated room in your house, making it very cold in the summer and warm in the winter. If you use your basement for storage, you can build a closet to hide and organize your clutter.
Ascend Builders knows that your basement holds a world of potential. We have been designing and building homes since 1988. Our experience will turn your dark, unused basement into the most popular room in the house. We have transformed basements into movie theaters, wine cellars, and more. Contact us to learn how we can help you.